What is a short-term stay (sightseeing / acquaintance visit) visa?
“Tourism, recreation, sports, visits to relatives, visits, participation in training courses or meetings, business communication, and similar activities conducted during a short stay in Japan.”
Short-term stay activities
It is not allowed to work.
- Things to stay for sightseeing, entertainment or transit
- Those staying for the purpose of rest and treatment of illness
* For foreign patients who are hospitalized and receive treatment, “short-term stay” will be determined if the stay period is 90 days or less, and “specific activities” (6 months) will be determined if the stay period will exceed 90 days.
- Participants in competitions, contests, etc.
* Although you must not receive a reward, the organizer can bear the actual expenses such as travel expenses and stay expenses.
- Visitors visiting friends, acquaintances, relatives, etc., friendly visitors, attending ceremonial occasions, etc.
- Those who stay for purposes such as tours and inspections. For example, a visit to a factory building or a trade fair
- Participants in courses and briefings held by educational institutions and companies
- Lectures without receiving compensation
* The organizer may bear the actual expenses such as travel expenses and stay expenses. In addition, you may receive a reward such as a reward specified in Article 19-3 (1) and (2) of the Immigration Control Law.
- Participants in conferences and other meetings
* If you become a manager of a Japanese corporation and receive compensation from the Japanese corporation, even if the person comes to Japan for a short period of time at a meeting or liaison work related to the management of the business, This is equivalent to a “business / management” status of residence, not a “short-term stay.” In addition, if compensation for being an officer of a Japanese corporation is paid from an overseas corporation (such as the parent company of a Japanese corporation), if it is paid separately from remuneration for other operations, activities in Japan (for Japanese corporations) As long as the payment for the activity as an manager) is paid, it is applicable “business and management” and does not applicable “short-term stay”.
- Assuming that you have a base for vocational activities in a foreign country, you will travel to Japan to conduct business contact, business negotiations, contract signing, after-sales service, advertising, market research and other so-called short-term commercial activities.
* If you are staying at a Japanese physician for the purpose of performing activities of a foreign company, the work must be performed as part of the foreign company’s work in a foreign country.
- Coverage activities as temporary services associated with the activities in your country, such as coverage activities accompanied by national guests and athletes who visit Japan.
* Americans are subject to Visa Waiver Agreement.
- Those who stay for procedures such as taking an examination at a Japanese university or obtaining approval to become a foreign lawyer
- Anyone who stays in Japan for a short period of time without running a profitable business or doing any remuneration activities
* Activities within 90 days for foreign university students to be accepted by public and private institutions in Japan as part of their academic work, etc. without receiving any remuneration (internship without pay, etc.)
We support invitations from overseas for
[sightseeing, visiting relatives, visiting acquaintances]!
Thank you very much for visiting the Everest Tokyo Shinagawa Office (Minato-ku, Tokyo) short-term stay (sightseeing, visiting relatives, visiting acquaintances) website.
Everest Tokyo Shinagawa Office was established in Minato-ku, Tokyo in September 2019. Everest is a Certified Administrative Procedures Legal Specialists’ corporation with four offices nationwide, with headquarters in Nagoya, Aichi, and branches in Anjo, Aichi, Minato, Tokyo and Osaka. The Everest Tokyo Shinagawa Office, a Certified Administrative Procedures Legal Specialists’ corporation, supports short stays for foreigners (sightseeing, visiting relatives, visiting acquaintances), so if you have any problems, feel free to contact the Everest Tokyo Shinagawa Office, a Certified Administrative Procedures Legal Specialists’ corporation. Please contact us.
Everest Tokyo Shinagawa Office is a 5-minute walk from JR Tamachi Station
We are an office that specializes in supporting short-term staying documents for foreigners.
Location: Tokyo Bayview 1004, 4-2-222 Shibaura, Minato-ku, Tokyo Everest Tokyo Shinagawa Office
[Short-term stay support fee]
We have a plan tailored to the customer.
|Plan 1||Plan 2|
|Price (excluding tax)||20,000 yen||50,000 yen|
|Application form check||〇||〇|
|Preparation of reason statement
(Completely handmade according to customer)
|Price||¥ 3,000 (excluding tax)|
|Support contents||１．Acquisition of resident’s certificate
２．Acquisition of tax certificate ( for residence tax)
Do you have such a problem for visa?
★I will call a foreign acquaintance / fiance, but I do not know what to start
★I want to call my parents from overseas for 90 days because my wife is going to give birth
★I do not want to fail next time because I applied for myself in the past and it was rejected
・Inquiries by phone：03-3454-8848
・Inquiry by email
・9am-7pm（Closed on weekends）